The Association of Professional Futurists recently undertook a survey of members to determine the most important futures work. While such a survey is limited to the opinions of members, the top five books are - to my mind - essential reading for those interested in thinking about the future:
- Peter Schwartz, The Art of the Long View
- Wendell Bell, Foundations of Futures Studies: Human Science for a New Era
- Richard Slaughter (ed), Knowledge Base of Futures Studies
- Donella H. Meadows, Dennis Meadows, Jergen Randers and William Behrens, Limits to Growth
- The Worldwatch Institute, State of the World series.